The bare-bones basics of reading scripts and writing script coverage…
If you’ve ever been interested in reading screenplays, Script Coverage Basics is the perfect primer to start your journey down the road as a paid, pro script reader.
The book covers the square-one essentials of what script coverage is, what a script reader does, and offers a few first steps on how to find work reading scripts and writing coverage.
The topics include –
- What script coverage is and how it’s used by studios and producers
- The basics of how to read and critique a screenplay
- The basics of how to write script coverage
- Where script readers work
- What’s needed to get started
- The Anatomy of a Script Coverage
- Header Section
- Comments / Critique
- Pass / Consider / Recommend – What they mean and how to apply them
- The basics of critiquing a screenplay’s Characters
- The basics of analyzing a script’s Concept
- The basics of Dialogue and how to write about it
- Why it’s important to show and not tell
- How to comment on format and readability
The e-book is 57 pages and comes in PDF format for easy transport to any e-reader, tablet, computer, or mobile device.
About the Author
Author B. O’Malley is the founder of the script reading company, Screenplay Readers, which has been helping screenwriters, producers, and filmmakers of all stripes improve their scripts since 1999. O’Malley first started reading scripts professionally while working for Media Artists Group, a boutique talent and literary agency, and then honed his skills working for B-movie maverick Roger Corman (Death Race 2000, Little Shop of Horrors, The Pit and the Pendulum). He’s produced and directed several feature films, including Audie & The Wolf and Bleak Future.
Note: If you buy services from Screenplay Readers, you will not be using CLICKBANK. Only when purchasing this ebook will your purchase go through CLICKBANK. CLICKBANK does not permit the sale of services.
ClickBank is the retailer of this product. CLICKBANK® is a registered trademark of Click Sales, Inc., a Delaware corporation located at 1444 S. Entertainment Ave., Suite 410 Boise, ID 83709, USA and used by permission. ClickBank’s role as retailer does not constitute an endorsement, approval or review of this product or any claim, statement or opinion used in promotion of this product.